Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: PHD Scientist believes in God.

[ QUOTE ]
"Black holes have nothing to do with dark matter or dark energy."

Has this been established? I'd like to see the argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not going to explain all of GR and then derive everything for you here in the forum. Any decent text on Cosmology and most Astrophysics texts will describe that the so called "Dark Matter" has nothing to do with black holes. I will provide a rough explanation.

Basically, we observe things from emitted radiation. We are averaging over all absorbed radiation. Typical matter emits radiation as it is going into a black hole and we understand and are accounting for this. Therefore, the radiation we receive includes all information about the amount of normal matter in a region whether or not it is in a black hole.

The dark matter is basically the fact that the amount of matter seen through radiation does not jive with the observed orbits of objects. Now the radiaiton tells us pretty accurately how much normal stuff is there (normal stuff being baryons, leptons, neutrinos, and virtually any particle ever observed experimentally). This missing matter cannot be accounted for by black holes because the radiation takes into account the normal matter that falls into black holes (as previously mentioned). The dark matter would have to be of a type never observed experimentally on Earth.