Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Attention whores who take advantage of horrible events (VT -related)

First off, my last post got locked but i talked with NT and decided to rephrase it. DO NOT POST ANY VIRGINA TECH CONTENT IN HERE. We all know what happened and the stories coming out and there is already a 20 page VT thread in OOT...so don't post any of that crap here.

This is to discuss all the people that I used to like and have respect for but now I think suck for all the attention they bring to themselves...from previous thread:

[ QUOTE ]
So a ton of my friends and acquaintances have been leaving VT msgs up, changing their face book/profile/aim/whatever/ pics to VT unite, VT black ribbon and all sorts of other crap pictures. Most have ZERO affiliation with VT. Like don't even live within 50 miles of someone who had a cousin who had a friend who had a dog that might know someone that might have gone there. I can't explain why, but I think people that do this suck. I'm probably going to get flamed on here for this, but I just feel like a lot of people are being really dramatic and freaking out about what happened. Yes it was horrible, hopefully it won't happen again. Yes the world is screwed up, is there something wrong with me that I seem to be the only one going on with my daily life? This is probably a bit early since it hasn't even been a week but when I see people with a msg: "at the mall shopping... p.s. my hearts and prayers are with you VT" it DRIVES ME NUTS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am i wrong for feeling this way?

I also realize that I am somewhat hypocritical because when 9/11, katrina, tsunami all came along I didn't criticize people for whatever they may have put up in away msgs/blogs/etc, for whatever reason, these events also hit me more than the VT one (probably an interesting separate topic on why that is, do any of you feel that way as well?), that is probably the main reason why I am really fed up with these people. Either way, what do you all say?