Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Re: What would you do about Virginia Tech?

[ QUOTE ]
Not much until we know more about the shooter. Reports are that he's a Chineese National here on a student visa, age 25. From what I gather they don't know if he was a student or not. I for one would like to review the process of granting student visas as a start. I suspect that government is highly disfunctional in this process. Could be convinced otherwise though. Obviously we don't want people gaining the priviledge of being here who are unbalanced and capable of blowing away 30+ people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Student visas from Islamic countries are obviously worth closely monitoring, but Chinese, or any Asian nationals causing problems in the U.S would be unprecedented in my memory. Every Asian studying in the U.S I ever met were peaceful and respectful. I understand China has the fastest growing Islamic and Christian churches in the world because of sheer population, but we have yet to see any spillover yet to the US. More likely to be over a girl than a god.

Now the logic of educating Chinese nationals that will go home and take advantage of bad trade policies to do economic war against us is a different argument. If it is a Chinese national, it would explain the lack of the shooters name and information. We knew everything about the Columbine shooters the same night it happened. The delicate balance that is US-China relations would explain the lack of information and attempt to control the story to avoid any backlash.