Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Joey Crawford versus Tim Duncan

Ok, I don't claim to follow the NBA much, but this situation just amused me. I wish I could see the whole game because with sportscenter and other sports broadcasts, the whole picture is never shown.

For those that don't know, Tim Duncan received two technical fouls while on the bench. The first one was as a foul shot was being taken, Crawford T'ed him up. Then less than two minutes later, Duncan laughed about a 'touch' foul that was called. Duncan was T'ed up again by Crawford. Automatic ejection.

Then there comes the comments from both sides.

Duncan: “He looked at me and said, ‘Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight? If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don’t have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, ‘Do you want to fight?”

Crawford: “And then he went over to the bench and he was over there doing the same stuff behind our back, I hit him with one (technical) and he kept going over there, and I look over there and he’s still complaining. So I threw him out.”

"That’s his opinion. He said nothing when he was walking off the court and he called me a piece of (expletive). Is that nothing?”

Ok, I would call Crawford a piece of *^&% too as I walked off the court. As said, there must be some kind of history that isn't being shown. Without the all the information (based on what has been shown), I don't think there is anyway Crawford should be involved in the playoffs.

I have Duncan in a fight unless Crawford can get him on the ground. Then it may at least be slightly amusing.