Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 AM

Default playing higher stakes leads to busto

Okay, probably stating the obvious here, but i've wrecked every single online bankroll i've had by moving up a few limits (while sitting on a decent roll at the time) as a function of running bad/being drunk/boredom and feel as if i'm about to do the same thing to my current br (playing 25c/50c w/ a 2k br). I find that as soon as i move up to a limit wayyyy larger than the one i play at (usually because of tilt from dropping like 6 buyins to monkeys), i get this sort of reinforcing euphoric rush that pretty much makes me play the new limit while i'm winning large amounts of money i've never seen....until it all goes downhill and i lose every dime. I'm probably one of the most studied up poker players i know, yet have this gambling tendency which i feel is my biggest leak and will keep me from ever being successfull in this game. How can I get rid of this gambling aspect of my poker player pshyche (sp?) and is it possible to ever be a winning poker player with this demon inside of me? Thx for the input.