Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Bulking Up

I have recently become interested in getting back into the gym and adding mass. I am a pretty hard gainer and would like some pointers on my plan.

Workout: Workout five times a week, alternating between 3 workouts:

Workout one: Back and Biceps, two exercises for each, 4 sets (12 reps) for each exercise.

Workout two: Chest, triceps and shoulders, two exercises each. 4 sets (12 reps) for each exercise.

Workout three: legs consisting of 5 sets of squats, and 3 sets of calf raises.

Diet:

Breakfast will consist of bowl of oatmeal with artificial sweetener, or some type of cereal (sultana bran etc).

Morning tea: Protein shake (muscle milk) Is muscle milk a good shake to use considering my goals.

Lunch: This will have to be some type of food that I can buy at lunch time, since I don't really like taking my lunch with me to work, and all my workmates buy their lunch. I will try to keep it as healthy as I can though (i.e cut the fries, eat sushi and other healthy options where available)

Afternoon tea: Since I workout in the evenings, i need to eat something in the afternoon at work that will give me the energy but won't fill me up too much (since I find that I lift more when I don't feel full). I was thinking maybe a piece of fruit and a couple of muesli bars. Any suggestions?

Post workout I will have another protein shake and then have dinner about an hour or so later. Again, dinner will usually be sushi, or something similar ( I don't really like cooking for myself, but I will try to keep it as lean as possible).

Supplements:

Vitamins: I will take one "Animal Pak" per day, as well as some BCAA caps.

Creatine: Cellmass, twice per day 6 hours prior to working out and then directly after my workout.

NO Xplode, take 3 scoops directly before my workout. Take one sccop on days off.

Is there anything else I can take, or ways in which I can improve my plan? Also, I drink heavily once per week, usually on a Friday night. On Saturdays I am planning to just eat whatever the hell I feel like.

Thanks,

Sam