Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2007, 04:24 PM

Default NL25 Misclick Makes Me Attempt to Play

I've not really ventured into the world of playing with a decent stack yet. Most of the time I buy in short and play the nit 2 street game and if I start getting into a bigger stack, I try to play a bit, but normally leave. I plan on doing this until I start getting better at this game.

Anyway, I've gotten pretty lucky at this table, and now I have a decent stack.

This post will be a bit long, because I want to throw my thinking out here so I can get corrected.

I have $29 in the sb with 78o. It's folded around to the Co who raises like $0.6. I mean to fold, but my son bumps my arm and I call (kids in lap are -EV). The BB folds.

The flop comes down 269r, and I'm lost.

The co I have like 230 hands on. He's 25/5 and seems extremely aggressive. The pot is like $1.50. He started with like $13.

I check. My thinking here was that I was hoping he bets a fairly small amount, and I can see my draw fairly cheaply. I always get timid in these situations because I don't want to get stuck in a situation where I can't see the next card. I don't know if that's bad thinking or not. I thought it might be a decent spot for a blocking bet of like .6, but again, I didn't want to fold.

What do you normally do on this flop?

He bets, $1.30. I think about how hidden my draw is, which makes it more likely to get his stack if I hit. I think this is a pretty easy call.

I don't think about the turn until it lands.

It's a T and puts 2 of a flush down.

I have no idea what to do. What's standard here?

I think he's really aggressive, so I'm going to let him put some chips in. The pot is a hair over $4 now, and he bets $3.50 into it.

I'm lost. I don't know what I should be thinking about. I think I have to make a move now. There are too many river scare cards that might make him check through, and I don't want to check the river regardless because seeing it check through makes me puke. So, I decided to c/r. I don't know what amount I should do, but the pot is pretty big, and a pot size raise just about puts him all in.

I just raise enough to put him all in.

What do you think?