Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2007, 04:28 AM

Default Huh? Rippetoe Log

6'2 200 haven't worked out in ages...out of shape but still not really super fat...thin and fatty in certain areas...no real muscle anywhere.

Chest: 41 inchs
Waist: 37 inchs
Neck: 16 inchs
Biceps: 14 inchs
Ass: 43 inchs
Thigh: 23 inchs

Sat.
Squats 3x5x85
Rows 3x5x65
Military Press 3x5x65
Pull-ups 2x8x110 of assistance

The squats were kind of dicey cuz on my left leg I instantly felt like tightness on the upper front thigh in the middle.

I was able to finish but its kinda sore..didn't feel it anywhere else so not sure if i tweaked that muscle with my prior squats. I iced it and hopefully it goes away but if not may have to take a break from the squats. Not sure how to stretch that area because the normal pull your leg behind you doesn't stretch the muscle that high up.

The rows were a disaster. I watched countless videos, but A even when I'm like practically parrallel to the ground...I can't reach all the way down to the bar. So I have to way way round my back to grab the weight and then pull it up. Not sure if it is cuz
A I don't have a big plate on each side which would put the bar slightly higher off the ground.
B my legs are pretty long compared to the rest of my body
C me flexablity sucks
D my form is bad or I'm doing something wrong in terms of placing the bar in relation to my feet etc.

Anyways it was really hurting my lower back so I ended up essentially doing a normal barbell row by having the weight come to a complete stop on the down portion...but it was resting mid-air bout a foot or 1/2 foot off the ground instead of resting on the ground.

On a sidenote I hate how [censored] thick the grip is on the pullup machine. I'd much prefer a skinnier bar where I could get a strong grip. Maybe straps would help.