Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Blind Defense with suited connectors

Recently moved up to 10c/20c and was at a tighter and more aggressive table than usual – (the table was running at 15/10 for a while[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]). So I came across a few blind defense situations that I'm not yet comfortable with. An example:

1st hand at the table (it's amazing how often the first hand at the table gets posted on these forums, right?). However it is the 2nd hand I've observed that this guy had raised pre – on the previous occasion he won the pot with a flop continuation bet.

Party Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Final Pot: 1.75 BB

Now I did some analysis on pokerstove, and if I conservatively estimate his raising range from this position at 5% then I still have 28% equity pre-flop. So if I had defended my blinds with it then it would not be immediately bad as far as equity is concerned. But I'm thinking that this hand could easily partially hit giving me massive reverse implied odds. So is the fold correct?

Now, this is an important supplementary question. Please answer. What if the raise came from a good aggressive lag on the button where a 20% raising range is more likely? Are suited connectors ever good to defend the blinds with?