Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Deodorant

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Astro, not sweating from anywhere but your forehead during vigorous exercise does not sound normal or healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can feel trace amounts of humidity during exercise, it just doesn't get to the point of condensation. so i'm sure i can sweat, but it might take a marathon to do it. i did 8 miles in 2 hours run/walking a few months ago. not as exerting as straight running, but i don't remember coming close to a sweat. less than a month ago i did a couple miles up pinnacle peak in scottsdale. direct sunlight, 85 degree temp, no sweat or discomfort.

i agree that it's not normal, but it appears to be positive and not a health risk. my body temp is consistently below 98.6. my heartrate is normal during exercise. i hate cold, love heat, and can comfortably withstand hotter temperatures than most people. lifespans are great on both sides of my family, and there are no specific concerns about majors like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, strokes, etc. but if there's a legit medical concern, i'd like to be aware of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only medical concerns I can think of (of course I am not a doctor, but I did pay attention in HS biology) would be associated with the failure of the body's sweat glands to properly allow you to cool down. Since you can run 8 miles without a problem in hot temperatures I would think you would have noticed whether you had a problem by now.