Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2007, 03:53 PM

Default starting up again

If this has been thoroughly explained in another thread, my apologies.

I’ve been on a two year hiatus from internet poker and I am looking to get back in. I used to play mainly 1/2 and 2/4 limit holdem on party poker with my deposits coming from Firepay (I had a Netteller account but never used it) and I usually used Party Poker’s direct deposit feature to withdrawal.

Now I just moved into my new apartment with my new job and I am going to set up my internet connection and have been itching to play for a while (I’ve also heard that the games have gotten a lot more TAG since I left in early 2005 which is a real bummer because they used to be fairly loose/passive).

I guess my question is, am I still able to play and if so, how do I go about it and which sites should I be using. I want to shake off some of my rust with some micro and then hopefully move back up to where I was. I know that the new legislation threw some roadblocks in there somehow, but I’m not to clear on what the legislation actually did and if there are ways around it. Can someone give me a quick rundown?