Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Pregnant GF

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but you're almost certainly going to end up white trash yourself, so you may as well do the right thing and take care of your kid. You dropped out of college (by far the best way to get out of a small town) to play poker (brilliant!) and are now sweating the money to move or take care of your family in a low cost-of-living town. Without knowing more, I'd guess that you're a marginal winner at low limits who will be squeezed out in the coming months by the toughening of the games. This is you about your gf's white trash friends:
[ QUOTE ]
All of them have lived in this [censored] town their entire lives. All of them have been pregnant at a young age. None of them graduated from college or have any type of career,

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's also you! What a coincidence!

So, the way I see it your choices are:
A. Be responsible and take care of your child.
B. Run off to wherever and be a failure, and abandon your child.
C. (Least likely) Get your [censored] together, figure out what you want to do, move if necessary, get a job, and go to school (or whatever) at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is - i'm a failure and because I'm a failure I should have to raise a child?

I never claimed to be a saint, I am very flawed (to say the least). This is one of the many big reasons I SHOULD NOT be bringing a person into this world.

If I'm such a hypocritical douchebag, the last thing you should want me doing is raising another hypocritical douchebag to take my place when I die.

But hey, at least you got to tell me off right?

Seriously man, there's no need for the hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have a choice though. You're going to have a kid.

You can either be a douchebag & raise a douchebag, or you can un-[censored] yourself and raise a proper human being. And maybe even be one yourself.