Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2007, 01:01 PM

Default The decline of the Trop...

I used to be a fan of the Trop in AC, decent games & room overall, quieter than Taj & Borg...

...That has all changed now. On a midweek session recently I noticed that the Trop is in serious need of upgrades.
Their old sign-in dry erase board was falling apart, the desk person then yells at the top of their lungs asking the floor if there's an open seat. The place has always been knocked for being dimly lit, but it's getting darker. The little green carts that they put the food on are just everywhere for you to trip over, and they're usually covered with trash also. The place looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a month, there was garbage all over the floor. There were A LOT of grouchy dealers too, they were all griping about a mass firing of floor people/managers.

Autoshufflers on all of the tables would be nice, and maybe have a designated tournament area, away from the racebook. How about another beer besides Natty Light ? Oh, BTW the "legendary" pink chip game had only one game going all day. They mainly spread 1/2NL, 2/4, & 1/5 7CS. They had one table of 4/8, 5/10 7CS, & pink chip. I used to really like this place, but in the matter of a year or so it has really gone downhill.

BTW, the Taj with it's recent upgrades (new chairs, carpet, TV's, autoshufflers, electronic sign-in list) looks like a palace compared to the Trop now. If they could only get some new clean chips...