Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: tough spot: your line

[ QUOTE ]
sorry if I forgot to mention...I'm UTG and he's right after me. you're right that is a critical piece of info as helps to narrow his range significantly

[/ QUOTE ]
And if you're saying he's a thinking player, and you raised from the BU before and he repopped you from SB, that's VERY different than this spot with you raising UTG. He's a lot less likely to reraise light in this spot because of the that someone else behind him has a real hand. So the same hands he might have repopped you with if you opened in LP he might be more likely to flat-call with here, figuring you're weak enough that he can take the pot away postflop given that he's restolen from you frequently. But he would also realize that your UTG raising range is better than your LP raising range.

Obviously, yes, lots of factors here...but I don't see why you wouldn't cbet this flop. You tell us, since this spot is so incredible. What is your argument for NOT cbetting the flop, since that's pretty much the standard play for this spot as you want to make sure you don't let AK/AQ type hands see the turn for free?