Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Swap Lives with Someone from History

In the "Ask Anacardo" thread in the lounge, Stuey came out with this absolute beauty and I think that this deserves its own thread;

[ QUOTE ]
Name one person from history you would like to trade places with. You get to live his or her life and he or she gets to live yours. If you could change a few things about his or her life and experiences which would you change and why? If he or she could change your life and experiences up to this point what do you think they would change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately by posting this I'm going to have to answer the questions as well, which is a bit difficult. Namely because I'm sure that after reading other peoples responses I'm going to want to change my mind. But anyway, here goes nothing.

If I was going to choose somebodies life and not change anything, I'd pick Alexander Dumas, the 19th century French author of "The Three Musketeers". This dude lived one hell of a life in high society and then had the great good fortune to pass away in his sleep with a much younger woman in his arms and what I presume was a smile on his lips. But mainly because this was a guy who took what little opportunities he had and ran like hell with them. So I'd like him to take my life to see if he could make more of the opportunities and talents that I have.

If I was going to pick someone and change something about their life, I'd swing with Jimi Hendrix. The dying in a pool of my own vomit part I'd change to a quiet night in with the folks.