Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Bulking: Clean Diet?

Basically overrated. Get your nutrients. But don't shirk a large fatty ribeye, a 6pack of beers and a large pizza. In fact if bulking I'll step out on a limb and say that the aforementioned 3 items together would be far superior to a large dry leafy green salad, a baked chicken breast, and water.

If you have declared jihad on skinniness, and are eating 8 times a day feeling like you're going to throw up or actually do after eating. FFS stop eating "clean".

I will use myself as an example. When I was solely bulking, as a skinny dude, it is fairly hard to gain mass, I drank soda each day and ate fried food. Sure this would kill me in the long term, but 3 months of it makes it a heck of a lot easier to gain weight. If you eliminate juice/milk/soda etc each day I'm likely pulling ~600+ calories less, something almost anyone is going to have trouble making up in a clean diet (400 grams of black beans maybe?).

Now don't take this as a carte blanche for just gorging yourself year round. But if you have trouble gaining weight, at some point it becomes more important to just get the calories in than it does to eat a 5th serving of steamed broccoli that day.