Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Within the Rules or goofball move???

I play a lot of poker with a bunch of guys in my area at our local bar.
$1/$2 NL 8 handed game last night and this hand occured.
We had two 8 handed tables going last night and I got stuck on the table without the deep pockets. There was roughly $1k on my table and roughly $4k on the other table.

I would just like to point out that these guys aren't very good. They provide a very nice 2nd income for me... although they think they are good. The other guy in question is the kind of player who calls 8x the BB with J,3 because it's suited.

He hammered me once when I reraised a raised raise preflop and he called. I had rockets and he had J,8 of diamonds and he rivered the flush. He called $120 preflop with J,8 because it was suited. These are the kinds of players I play with every week.

Finally to the hand last night.

I have 3,4os. I call the $2 as does 4 other players. Flop is 10,4,4 rainbow. Villain bets $5 and I call and everyone else folds. The turn brings the case 4. He checks and I check behind him.

The river is a 3. He bets $5 and as I push my stack over the line, I say "well, it's probably a split pot".. I know he has the 10 and he's one of those guys who can't fold here. He's not the type of guy you make a value bet on here.

He goes into the tank for a while. I don't say too much. This surprised me because I figured him for a instacall.

This is where I'm not sure how koshur this is.
I put my 3 to the front of my cards and don't say anything.
I pretend to grab something on the other side of the table and continuously flash my 3 to him... but I'm doing this on purpose. He thinks I'm doing this by accident. I could see him trying to look down at my cards from the corner of his eye, so I look the other way and show my 3 a little more...

He finally calls and flips the 10. I show quads and he says "[censored]" and leaves.

His fault for trying to peek? Or did I angle shoot his ass?
Or is this all part of the game?

Thoughts?

Thanks