Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Owning RE (What Qualifications Do I Need?)

I am 20, have no capital, no credit, and no skill in RE.
I would like to get some property, such as fourplexes, or apartments, to create a cash flow. This is down the line, not in the close future, but more like 2-5 years from now.
My dad would greatly help me in this, he rents out a few houses that he owns. He is no pro, but he would help.

So lets say, I have my eye on a 600k apartment complex in Texas. The apt is a 6-10 unit complex, and it has a positive cash flow. How would I finance this venture?

Furthermore, how would I need to change my life in order to take care of the buisness, would I have to dedicate 8 hours a day to the ppl living in my apt? or would it be more like 8 hours a week?

Any tips of how to not get screwed when dealing w/ RE?

Lastly are there any resources, or apartment/RE forums, where I can increase my knowledge? I would like to heeb up my property throughout my life, so that I would have a good physical net worth.

BTW the example I use is apartments; it does not have to apartments. It can be any type of property with a positive investment expectation.