Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: akss in position facing reraise from the blinds...seems close to me.

kill self for sure

My range is extremely tight here. This is not mid way through the tourney. This is essentially the first level of the actual tournament as the rebuy period is seperate in my mind. I think that shoving is marginal but certainly not bad. The fact that I am OOP post flop opens up my range a bit but not too much. I think that calling is fine, but you absolutely cannot just give up on the pot post flop if you miss. I think that calling and then putting in a raise on my Cbet on most flops is a good line in this situation. This is a tough spot and really dont think there is a correct answer. There is merit to calling and raising and to be honest I am not sure.

Im not much of a math person but lets say My RR range was 99+, AQ+, yet I only call the shove with QQ+ would this be a profitable shove. Those are not neccessarily accurate but as an example. I didnt do the math but at first glance it looks like the shove would certainly be profitable.

As for the A7 hand... I have runner straight and flush draws as well as two overs. how can I possibly not 3 bet there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]