Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2007, 02:40 PM

Default $225: I\'ve got A2o, and he\'s got 150k in Scope winnings. Call?

Allright, so I've built my roll up nicely over the last few years, and I now take very periodic shots at $100/$200 level. (So far, I've taken 4, and cashed in 3. Sustainable, right?)

Here's a hand that I'm wondering about, and this has to do a lot more with multi-level thinking (or possibly me overthinking).

Hero has played well so far and has the CL after having 2 players try to resteal from him unsuccessfully. Pretty standard TAG image so far.

UTG+1 is bigjoe2003/Joey Michael, one of the featured pros from sngicons.com, obv huge lifetime winner on Scope, and probably the best player on this table. He's also short-stacked and he's played fairly tight so far. But now the blinds are pretty high and about to move up to 100/200, so I know he's thinking he needs to push either this hand or the next one if he's going to have any FE at the next level after he gets through the blinds.

BB has seemed pretty bad so far, I don't think he's capable of a lot of tricky stuff.

Can I actually call or isolate here, or is it just too much a gamble, especially given BB's stack size and how much I'd potentially be risking if I did isolate, and how exploitable I would be to a resteal if my read is off and BB isn't a tard?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1400)
UTG+1 (t910)
CO (t2725)
Button (t1125)
Hero (t4160)
BB (t3180)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to t910 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">2 folds</font>, Hero ???