Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Travelling overseas alone

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, it can be frustrating and depressing and I felt more sad & alone than maybe any other time in my life on that trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

elaborate on the sad/alone part, why, and did it ruin or enhance the trip?

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly didn't ruin it, like 90% of the trip was good, I dunno, if you do a short trip by yourself (2 weeks or less) you can easily just make it fun times the whole time. Once it gets longer (1-2 months) you're gonna have down time where you get tired and don't really feel like hanging out at the hostel and meeting people and all that, and you can have some more introspective soul-searching moments. Making friends and keeping yourself active all the time is really tiring (for me).

For me it was actually in Italy, I just had a series of little bad moments that were no big deal, but after weeks alone it was too much. I went to the hostel in Florence and it was so f**king filthy and crowded I knew I wasn't going to sleep at all and the bathrooms were nasty and there all these f**king backpackers hanging out and all of a sudden all that backpacker conversation seemed so retarded ("where have you been" "oh yeah that's great did you see the blank" "oh you have to see X") I was like "either I can make friends with these losers or just be alone", so I checked out of that hostel and checked into a hotel, and the hotel guy tried to steal my passport, and the Italian men swarmed me when I tried to chat up some girl. Anyway, I just packed up and got the hell out of there, I went to Switzerland which sucked and then Germany which was fun and it was good again.

In hindsight it would've been cool to schedule meeting up with friends I know over there at some point just to have a break with people who were actually welcoming me instead of having to introduce myself and get accepted, all that work.

[ QUOTE ]
also, italian/sicilian women, what do they like, are they turned off by americans, do they like to party, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have any success in Italy but the chicks are smoking and the men are super aggressive. I don't speak any Italian which made it a bit intimidating. The guys are super aggressive. It sounds like you might excel in that kind of environment from what I know of you.

ps. the easy poon-tang are the other single traveling girls, Americans, Brits & Aussies. Italian men prey on them like bears scooping up salmon.