Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2007, 10:06 PM

Default 100-200 Bay 101 Questionable Hand

A Bay 101 40-80 regular (remains anonymous for this post) was telling me about a hand he played in the 'big' 1-2 (hundred) game at Bay.

I thought this hand was extremely interesting... anyway, on with the show in his words (more or less told to me):

"Ring game. UTG, who was a pretty solid tight player, made it 2 bets to go. Folded around to me, and I opt'd to call with 7-7 instead of making it 3 bets. I usually make it 3 on the button with almost any hand, J-10 suited, any middle pp or higher, but I wanted to see how this hand might play out and hopefully induce a call from one of the blinds to give me better odds in case I'm up against a big pair. I'd also play any Ace-10 suited the same way sometimes, so hopefully if an ace flopped I'd take the pot away at the turn.

The sb, relatively unknown player who has been getting some huge hands, makes it 3 bets to go. UTG quickly calls, and I decide to call, and hoping to flop a set or bail with no intention of taking the pot away on any street.

Flop comes A-K-7 w/ a diamond draw. SB bets out, UTG makes it 2, I re-raise, sb caps. UTG calls fairly quickly. Knowing he is a tight player, and the way he called, made me feel somewhat better about my hand. However, still left clueless on the sb's hand, although I will have some idea on the turn where I stand.

Turn: non diamond 5. sb bets out, UTG quickily calls, I 2-bet from the button, sb pauses and looks at me, then 3 bets, UTG thinks for a long time and mucks. I muck."

I've of course edited out the hands he put them on and what he eventually found out if it was a good fold or not.

Was hoping to hear some suggestions on what actions some fellow players would take, and more specifically, what range of hands you put sb/utg on...
Ty.