Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Playing FPS(UT2004) w/o a crosshair

It can be done and very accurately.

I've probably been playing FPS since 2002 starting out with UT2k3. So I was pretty involved with the community. One of the better players named Rudi from a east coast clan called LOB (lords of Brookyln) had a guy who played without teh crosshair. I think I remember demos of him floating around. This guy was pretty damn accurate.

So anyways, when I saw the demo of Rudi from L.O.B., I gave the "No Crosshair" experiment a try, and I was astonished how accurate I was getting.

The key is to just imagine the exact center of your monitor as the line of fire. This will work with the Lightning Gun.
Just imagine you want to shoot someone's head, and align the center of your screen to that point. You'll be suprised at times when you get head-shots.

I found the Shockrifle beam to be slightly off center when you shoot it. You need to slightly compensate by like two pixels below where you're actually aiming for.

Flak primary shot, shoots directly in the middle. No compensation needed.

Minigun shoots directly in the middle.

Note: W/ crosshair, I use Hidden Weapons(weapons not showing). For the experiment, I used Right Handed weapon showing.

Strafe-dodging combos are slightly hard to get.

It's a fun thing to try if you're bored. I seriously feel like Robin hood or a Jedi-in-training.