Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2007, 01:23 AM

Default If I\'ve made 70k, what percentile do you think I\'d fall in?

I have no idea where to post this, but it involves money and lots of ppl read this forum so I figure maybe this is a good place.

In terms of internet poker players in the past year, how do you think the amount people make breaks down?

eg-10-20k profit x percentile

20k-40k profit y percentile

40k-60k profit z percentile

60k-80k profit b percentile

greater than 100k profit.

I dunno, I feel like this forum skews my view of success (eg, by only making 70k I feel like I'm pretty average or maybe even less than that). And given that I've sort of recently retired from online poker, I'm curious about how I did compared to the overall online poker world.

It's interesting to me that in a few threads a few people who have made over 100k claim that they want to be "the best," yet, they really might be in the top 1% of the world (which ought to be considered [censored] good in most things).

I'm not sure if this thread will work out at all, but at the very least maybe I'll gain some idea of where I fall among other players. What percent of players even win?