Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: B&M Rebuy Tournament
wait for a good hand 12 75.00%
play any hand 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: How Do Non-Rational Players Succeed in Poker?

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice post. Does anyone else do this when faced with a tough decision? I go to each of my other tables and deal with whats going on there, maybe pop up my poker tracker browser, anything to distract myeslf from consciously thinking about the hand. Then when my timer is almost done I go back and find the answer to my decision is in my head. I agree 100%, I think the unconscious mind is a much better decision maker in poker than the conscious mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this.

Also, I think it's important to develop both the analytical and feel areas of your game so you can handle both types of oppents. If you know you are up a/g a analytical thinking villian, you play that strategy back at him. Like maybe he's a nit and he raises PF, c-bet the flop and you are floating im in position on a scary board because you know that he's thinking "well he called my PF raise and he's calling my bet on the flop so I should probably give up now". However with a feel player maybe you approach it differently. Sorry this is kinda rambly. Essentially, it's always helpful to know what level your opponent is thinking on (obv).