Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Greg\'s Digest

OK, so I will analyze the hands in this thread. I am going to do this for the first day, but in the future I would hope some mod will PM me 3 threads which seem to be generating discussion. For now, I am browsing the front page, and I will try to find interesting hands to me.

The first hand is from this thread with aislephive: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...0&fpart=all . I am picking this hand because I scrolled through some replied and they were all different. OK, now I'm going to look at it.

Preflop is fine/standard. Flop is standard. Turn is good. The river looks like a clear bet to me. The villain has just called, called, and called. There is no reason to think you are behind to something like a full house, and any spade is calling you. I think a nice hefty bet here, of about 66-72 is good. You can fold to a raise, but I'm not sure that you will ever be raised by the nut flush even. The chances of you having a full house is much greater, and your opponent knows this (maybe?)

Additionally, a way to improve this post, instead of just listing 33/8, is to say your reads. How has the opponent been playing, in terms of aggression, etc. How have you been playing? Is he smart enough to know this? Over how many hands? These things will help give others a better idea of the table dynamics, which is critical to making the correct decision.

OK, that will be a sample for me. I am going out drinking right now, let me know what you think, and what can be added.