Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Hero vs Opp (craaaaazy VPIP & PFR stats)

So I was sitting at a $200 6-max PLO table over the weekend. The said villain has a VPIP (this session as I'd never seen him before) of >85% and PFR > 80%. Ridonkulous, I know. However, he was hitting and after about two hours, had amassed a stack of almost $1,200. As you'd all imagine, I was dying to get involved and catch just a little piece.

When the flop did come he did not let down on that aggression. I've never seen someone win so many uncontested pots at a $200 "PLO" game that was more than $125ish. The pot ave. for the table was almost $90, a full $30 more than any other PLO table open at that time. Might I add it was more than 50% of the $400 game pots at this given time!

Typically, I like to raise a fair share myself PF and take the aggressive stance as I find most can't stand too much heat at the $200 without the first-third nuts. But, this guy shut me down to a wimpering nit.

I was going crazy; trying to set mine or massive wrap mine. Nada! Had I actually connected, I'm sure the texture of the game would have been very different. But, I didn't and that will happen more often than not.

How do you guys approach these maniacs who you know are mashing the pot button PF, on the F, T and a large percentage of the time, the R.

Trying to redivert the table aggression in your direction, I feel, in this case, is spewing because, if you don't hit, he is insta-potting and putting you under a tonne pressure because he also calls SO LIGHT. He was compleeeetely happy to get it in with middle pair + backdoor or something peculiar like that. He was hitting too so. It wasn't stupid all ins though because most of the time, the people playing back PF were on AAxx and he knew that. If he catches a small piece, his equity is pretty big against crappy AAxx.

Everyone was moaning, calling him a fish. I, of course was quiet and being patient. He was by no means a fish. I think he understood the game better than most at that level. But, given the circumstances, how do you guys approach nut cases like this?

I'm wondering if you simply have to be prepared to lose money to win a lot, in the sense that, you say to yourself, "right, this guy requires me being completely content with losing 3 buy-ins if it means I can just grab one or two big pots off him".

I think it's an interesting position to be in...what do you guys think? He's obviously every 2+2ers wet dream table opp. but if he's really bullying...what's your play?