Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Nancy Pelosi Going to Syria

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...1&catnum=0
I think is incredibly stupid, arrogant, and disrespectful of Nancy Pelosi to visit with Syria to "discuss a wide range of security issues affecting the United States". The power to conduct and negotiate foreign policy lies with the executive branch and the executive branch only....

First, Nancy Pelosi has ZERO authority to conduct any type of negotiation for the US govt. Anything she says will carry no weight. She is giving Syria a politcal propaganda coup.
Second, Syria is on the State Dept list of nations that sponsor terrorism and she was ask not to go. Besides assassinating Lebanese Christian leaders, Syria was been a passive supporter of the Sunni insurgency in Iraq.
Third, she is establishing a harmful precedent. Elections have meaning. Bush was elected to serve for 8 years and the people of the USA chose HIM the power to conduct foreign policy....we did NOT choose Nancy Pelosi. Since when do the people of San Francisco, get to dictate foreign policy for a country of 300 million people? I did not get a chance to vote for her to conduct foreign policy on my behalf.

She is making a blatant power play to go around the executive branch. Her VISAs should have been denied.... But Bush43 is a political moron.....and I can't wait till his term is over. If Nancy Pelosi wants to talk with terror states then do so when:
1. A Dem is elected president.
2. The Dem president asks her to go to these terrorist states. (but why have a Secretary of State when you can just send Nancy Pelosi?). We could save about $100K a year in salary by combining the Speaker-of-the-House post with the duites of the Secretary of State.

I think Nancy Pelosi is letting the power go to her head... In a way I'm glad Pelosi is being a moron. She is overplaying her hand and it improves the opportunity to vote these nitwit cut-and-run Democrats out-of-office....