Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Real questions about pro choice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say right up until birth.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand this - This causes far too much suffering for all parties involved to be considered moral IMO - the suffering of those witnessing the abortion / the mother / the child.

Pulling a living child out of you and watching it be killed systematically can't possibly be justified. Oh - and this has nothing to do with religion.

My own opinion is that the cutoff should be very soon after conception. Perhaps give a week for the parents to decide what they truly want. There is no reason for carrying child for weeks or months and letting it grow inside you if you don't want it.

Pro-choice is a very cheery name in opposition to 'pro-life' - pro-death ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you pull a living child out of a woman, she can certainly no longer abort it. She can refuse to nurse it, feed it, or care for it, but she cannot kill it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, she cannot legally kill it, but refusing to do those things would be against the law also, unless she arranged for them through a specific process, in which case, she is providing for it, just not by her self.