Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Quitting Smoking

[ QUOTE ]
The patch.

The gum is expensive and doesn't last long. I've used every method available save for Zyban and the patch is the only thing that works. Now if only I could not pick up that cigarette 6 months down the line, I'd quit for good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zyban didn't work for me... it made cigarettes taste kind of gross, it gave me cottonmouth and I was kind of angry all the time (probably just as a result of the first two symptoms). As a truly degenerate smoker I just stopped taking it, told my doctor it didn't work. He put me on some potent antidepressants or something, Lexapro... that stuff was a trip, fun for a little bit (had zero effect on my smoking, but it made me happy all day) and then I stopped taking that too, got really depressed, etc. Pills suck for this sort of thing, Zyban = Wellbutrin, which is marketed as an anti-anxiety drug. Any sort of SSRI or anything like that (not sure exactly what Zyban/Wellbutrin is, maybe a MAOI or something?) is going to mess you up more than it's worth. Plus you can't drink on it, sex is no fun/takes forever, etc etc.