Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Am I getting scammed by movers...whats my play? (long w/ cliff notes)

Allright...I'm moving and posted a question whether or not I should hire movers, or, go with day laborers. Movers won, and I found this place called ALL POINTS MOVING AND VAN LINES...Basically I input my info (name, email, type of move, etc) into a website and it farms out my info for moving companies to call me...Okay, guy calls me, and sends me an email with this quote:

3 movers @ $95 an hour, 4 hr min.

coo', I call him back, we talk business, and he takes a deposit of $200 from my bankcard....this was Monday...Today I get my confirmation email that reads

3 movers $100 per hour and we've already taken a $300 deposit...WTF...Call my bank, and sure enough, they see a debit of $300...I call the company and the rep tells me that she can't explain why the guy took $300 if he told me $200, but that he will be in tomorrow to call then, but, she does have it in her system that the price per hour will be $95...

Okay...so, Im wondering if Im being a huge nit about this? I was going to pay the remaining balance with the same card anyway, so its not THAT big a deal...but it's principle...

That being said, looked up the company on the BBB website, and found this if you don't want to click the link, basically its a long list of complaints about the company.

Okay...so what's my play?

--Call them in the morning and cancel (but if I do so, will I find other movers on time,or possibly run into the same problem?)
--Cancel checking account associated with bankcard?
--Hide under the covers when the ex-cons come to move my stuff?

*cliff notes*

Moving company charged me $100 more for my deposit than stated, and is going to charge me more per hour than quoted. BBB grades this company an F