Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Card dead and unconfident

Live recreational LHE player here. I play approx 2-3 times a week. Just recently moved up from 3/6 to 4/8 live. Not because I was killing the game but for reasons such as the rake effect, tips. Anyways, for the past 5 or so months I have been so card dead that when I get a good starting hand such as a big PP it surprises me and I get a kind of weak with these hands. I guess I am so used to being so card dead now for this stretch that it has affected my post flop play. I am staying very disciplined through this stretch but it is getting to the point that when I sit down and play I almost expect to be card dead yet again. I guess my confidence has taken a dumper. Wonder what some of you who have gone through these stretches do to stay on your "A" game. I know that some of you are going to say "welcome to poker, this happens to me all the time" but this has been going on for quite a while. I have had 2 pretty good sessions in the last 5 months and it was when I made my first jump to 4/8. Much before that and since the jump it has been dead city. My losing sessions are not huge nor are my winning sessions. Paging the poker shrink