Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: ask me about fantasy baseball v.2007

OK, active but semi-newb league with slightly odd categories.

H2H league.

I'm mainly looking for advice on how the different stats affect guys values, general week to week strategy, and if my thought process is decent. I'm way behind in my fantasy baseball knowledge compared to football.

Hitting: Ave,OBP,R,RBIs,HRs,SB and total bases and feilding %

Pitching: W,SV, HLD, ERA, WHIP,Ks, K/9, Total bases allowed

Minimum 25 innings ptiched per week. Daily linup changes with no max games per position.

Basically, it seems to me that the total bases stats ups the value of power guys and slugging guys. Steals would be worth less due the extra categories. There are only 5 total bench spots, so I think with the no cap on games played per slot, multi-position guys are worth more.

The total base allowed category and K category seem to almost cancel out.(almost impossible to win both) I would think that a good relief staff could be worth more in this format. With a few good starts, I feel like you could shut down the starters and still win most pitching categories with a good bullpen.

Here was my draft with some thoughts

1. (4) Ryan Howard 1B -Bit of a homer pick at this spot

2. (17) Manny Ramírez OF - Feel like he is a decent pick he becasue of the TB stats

3. (24) Grady Sizemore OF- Despite only 26 Hrs last year, he was right at the top in TBs. Plus I think his power will increas

4. (37) Michael Young SS -Long decision over A.Ramirez or Atkins here

5. (44) Jake Peavy SP -

6. (57) Bill Hall 3B,SS I like the dual postion status, can start him at short on Young's days off and still get power at 3rd

7. (64) Paul Konerko 1B - Seemed like decent value here

8. (77) Félix Hernández SP -K/9 make him a decent #2

9. (84) Howie Kendrick 1B,2B - Seemed to be a hot sleeper, didn't think this was too early, considering second base was thin at this point

10. (97) Scott Kazmir SP -Not sure I like this pick here; Harden and Haren were both still on the board, short draft time hurt me here

11. (104) Chipper Jones 3B- A good utility/off-day bat

12. (117) Joel Zumaya RP - I originally planned to punt saves and lock up the top holds guys. They were grossly under valued on our cheat sheet. Got bit in the ass as someone else had the same idea and took shields and linebrink on the raparound.

13. (124) Nick Markakis OF- Seemed a decent gamble here

14. (137) Brandon Phillips 2B- Kendrick insurance

15. (144) Scott Podsednik OF- Computer froze and got autopicked for me here. Would have picked E. Santana to round out my starters.
16. (157) Jason Isringhausen RP - With the stud middle relievers, decided to at least compete in saves.
17. (164) Iván Rodríguez C,1B - I guess I need a catcher?
18. (177) Ryan Dempster RP
19. (184) Justin Duchscherer RP
20. (197) Javier Vázquez SP
21. (204) Rafael Soriano RP -Thought this was great value for bot K/9 and hld or save opportunities