Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Amusing Personality Types

Amusing Personality Types

I’ve met a slew of weird personalities in my life. For instance, at my job - it’s a great place to work and I have some really cool friends there but I have to say, a couple of them just bust me up. Even sitting here thinking about them I’m giggling.

Tell me about an amusing character type you’ve met, either through work or in your personal life, who cracks you up.

Work Life

“The Anal Office Manager”
Anyone worked with one of these? - LOL! My anal manager is really something.

He is all business and never seems to chill out, though I believe twice now he has attempted to crack a joke. Painful. Someone please get this guy stoned.

He’s actually a nice guy; just so anal and quirky. When he walks his arms don’t swing much and he usually has his head bent down like he is looking at the floor. He’s not cocky, he's just really, really uptight. The guy is a total introvert and is consumed by his projects. I hate working for him. He’s so picky and precise and tends to launch into long-winded explanations of how things work when I really just don’t want to know. Working for him is exhausting. Frankly, I’ve never met anyone quite like him. When he talks he has a penchant for using very touch-based expressions...stuff like - “this is going to require a lot of hand-holding,” and “see if you can massage the data,” and “let's give him a call and feel him out.” OH MY GOD. It’s all I can do to not giggle every time he does this, which is often.

------------------------------------------------------------

Home Life

Where do I start? There are so many to choose from.

"The Insulting Mother Type"
Anyone have one of these? Honestly, I deserve some kind of hug for putting up with this woman. She sends me newspaper clippings with not only the pertinent sentences underlined and starred (yeah you heard me, starred..in red ink) but also with a little hand-written summary of what she wants me to get from each article, attached to it with a paper clip. This could be anything from “How to Make Friends” to “Vitamins Can Be Good For You.” I mean seriously, do I really need to have someone pick out the key sentences for me?

And this one I just don’t get at all - The Giant Underwear thing. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] She bought me giant underwear. What is up with that? I mean really, how insulting can you get? Exactly how big does this woman think my ass is? Is anyone else’s mom like this? I don’t even have a very big ass for christ’s sake!

Lol. I can’t tell you how long my boyfriend and I laughed over this, like doubled over, stomach-hurting laughter. And you would think that she would have some sensitivity towards her daughter's feelings but nooooooo. She wants to just dig and dig and dig. I think she’s trying to break my spirit is what I think! I mean, you're not supposed to go around insulting your kids left and right, are you? What kind of freaky parenting philosophy is this?

There are so many more examples of her being insulting (the yogurt incident, the Christmas money, etc.) but I don't want to overwhelm you.

Ok, what do you have? Funny personality types that you have come in contact with! Anyone? Anyone?