Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Job offer, is it good? Expanding a store through sales

Hi there,

I would like to ask for advice in the following subject. I`ve been offered, from a cloth designer who owns his own local, to try an sell outside his local.His intention is to try and expand his merchandising to other neighborhoods or provinces, but always mantaining his high quality and prices so I shouldn`t enter into every store available out there. He wants to place his collection in exclusive stores.

I will get the 10% of every sale or client I get even if they start to deal directly with him afterwards. The thing is I`ve got absolutely no idea about fashion, sales or whatsoever. It`s a collection for women over 30 years wich has already made a name as high quality but isn`t as known as he would like.

Actually I`m studying bussines administration and I`ve got two years left. Hes bussines is kind of small but he has been doing this for thirty years so I think this would be a good experience for me and something I should take for a start.

I haven`t got plenty of time to work cause I`m on a full-time university. My job experiences before where in restaurants and pizza delivery. Knowing this, he told me I`ve got freedom to arrange my times for my convenience.

Me questions would be:

Could anyone give me any inside as a salesman? ( Remember I won`t be working as a salesman in the local. I would be in charge of expanding the sales ) Is the 10% ok?

What do you think of this proposal? Would you take it?

Any kind of response would be highly welcome.

Thanks in advance

pirer (sorry for the spellings but english isn`t my mother language [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )