Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2007, 09:39 PM

Default What action can/should I take against this??

This has happened to me a few times in live games and was just wondering if there are any rules on it.

I play tournaments at my university for small stakes so obviously there isn't a tournament director as such, but there have been hands where say I'm involved in a pot with an average to poor player with a marginal/strongish hand. Someone who is not involved in the hand might say "I think you have pocket tens" and sometimes they aren't far wrong. It really annoys me because sometimes the guy I'm in the pot with will gain from this information when otherwise I might have taken the pot.

Now obviously there's not much that can be done at a small stakes university tournament, but if I was playing in a cardroom what should I do here? Do I have the right to tell the guy to shut up? Could he be punished in some way? (obviously not like 10 lashes with a whip, but maybe a time penalty or something?)It annoys me that certain people dont obey basic ettiquette (shut up if you're not in the hand) and often it can cost me money, or so it seems to me.

Thanks in advance.