Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Wild and Loose play with people who have money to burn.

I had a poker buddy who was at the B&M this weekend playing 2/5 NL. He plays fairly tight/aggressive/bluffs <15% of the time. He ran into a situation where he had some wild whales on the table that are willing to gamble with anything. Example: He was UTG+1 with KK, UTG limps. He raises to $60, gets 4 callers. Flop comes 468 rainbow. He leads out for $200, and gets called by 2 people. Turn and river he leads out, and still gets called. One of the whales eventually wins with a 57, flopping the straight.

This group of whales will play with anything because its chump change to them. I have moderate success with them, but can't seem to crack what is needed to really take them behind the barn.

My personal strategy against them, is limp-in with group 1/2 hands and fold if I do not hit, if I hit hard, slow play as best as possible and put the hammer on them in the end. A lot of times I will sit there for 2 hours before I take a pot down, and HOPE I make enough profit to sit and repeat the process over again, and cover possible bad beats.

So the question is; What kind of strategy do you take against wild and loose whales?