Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: High stakes at wpx?!

[ QUOTE ]
Hey custom, I really thought WPX was going to take off when Party shut down to the US market. I really don't understand why it didn't.

I actually tried to post a couple of threads on this topic at the time and I didn't really receive a postive response. Just similar comments to Scary tiger. Not sure why, but many people here seem to have something against rake free poker.

Also, one thing I
noticed about this forum is the regular posters seem to be an unfriendly bunch with new people.

[/ QUOTE ]

true on both counts.

on the latter first, my guess is that people here, for some reason i dont know, take offense when new people join as if their membership in this community will be reduced as new people enter. those members can also get frustrated when the same question/comment/thread gets posted time and time again and lose patience and instead of not posting, they want to vent and the newcomer takes the brunt of it (very unfortunately b/c we coudl lose a valuable member who is just learning like we all once were)

as to the rake free poker & having something aginst it, there dont seem to be enough bad players playing there consistently enough to multitable the games. playing SH vs. competant oponents for free isn't as valuable as playing SH vs. way worse opponents and paying a fee (Rake) to do it.

my guess is that most people overrate their ability relative to their competition and many would do well to switch to wsex (this goes for all stakes from micro to mid...high is different as it is usually 1-5 known bad players that keep a game running at higher limts).

anyways, i can tell im rambling.

l8r,
B