Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Antiques Roadshow

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested to find out how much that drawing is worth. I can't make out the signature at all. Any idea who did it? We need an appraiser!

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be Picasso's signature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well like you should have said that to start with! Now that is interesting or is it? I have no idea about how rare it would be to own even a sketch made by Picasso. Just a famous name to me I'm pretty uncultured. That is probably why I like this stuff as it is always new to me.

Anyway I spent a little time trying to find out how rare this is and how to go about finding out how much it might be worth. Do you know more about it? Where you bought it from and do you have more documentation? How big is it and is it damaged? Looks like it is burned or something or is that just a shadow?

Here is the only useful info I was able to find in my search.

[ QUOTE ]
With supporting paperwork a simple Picasso drawing can be worth upwards of $10,000.00 or more based on very high demand for quality Picasso artwork.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I imagine yours does not fall in this category. Like you said it looks low quality but with Picasso it seems it is hard to tell what "they" consider high quality. lol Anyways it is exciting just to own it imo. Keep it away from them sisters!

[ QUOTE ]
A Picasso drawing on your wall makes a very powerful statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got these quotes from here is you are interested.

I think it is funny that Katy might be surrounded by great art but she does not actually like any of it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Post us a pic of something you like even if it seems worthless. I would be interested to see your taste.