Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Are you willing to go broke on a TPWK? (NLTRN)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1705)
Hero (t1295)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t150</font>, Hero calls t100.

Flop: (t300) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, Button calls t150.

Turn: (t700) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t945 (All-In)</font>,

Final Pot: t2590

I was thinking after this hand that my biggest leak in my HU play might be that I am willing to go broke on a TPWK a lot. In this example hand, would some of you done something differently? Maybe just call the small c bet or check turn. Cheching the turn after my checkraise is kind of dum, but however.

I didn't think this guy could have a monster, because in two hands I played with him before, he raised preflop and when he hit, he checked the flop and slowplayed like an idiot and he didn't get value out of his hand.

Also, in general - you think it is a leak to be willing to go broke with TPWK in HU play?

Also I would like to have some discussion at this point under what circumstances you are trying to play a small pot with top pair and when you are willing to go broke with it. This hand is meant to be just an example, you are encouraged to post other hand histories when you think you made the right or wrong play by playing big or small pot with TPWK. What things do you consider in that kind of situations - whether to play big or small pot with a vulnerable hand like TPWK.

I think I am willing to go broke a lot with that hand so I am seeking for some advice on how to play it. I think I might have a leak in this part of the game.

GL