Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2007, 11:38 PM

Default NL10 - Bottom Two and Villian Leads the Turn

Villian is sorta TAG-ish for this level, 29/11/2.2 over 111 hands, although he's been making loose calls preflop OOP, and he's reraised me preflop several times when he had position. I think he's paying attention, and my table image is meh, my cbets have been getting picked off right and left and I've probably reloaded half a stack over the course of 100 hands since I sat down.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($14.10)
UTG ($0.40)
Hero ($13.15)
SB ($9.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.20) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2.5</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

<font color="blue">Bottom two pair, but this board is draw-heavy. Two checks in front of me, I need to play this fast because one of these guys could have a piece of this draw. Villian checkraises! QJ, KT, K9, or a set have me crushed, but KQ, KJ, AQ, QT, JT, maybe AK are within his range and he could be trying to push me off this hand and pick off my c-bet, since I've done a fair amount of folding to pressure this session. I don't think he has a set, given my cards. I want to push, but the pot's not that big and I would be folding a draw. But calling can't be good, either, because there's lot of cards that could scare me on the turn.</font>

Turn: ($6.20) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2.7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10.25</font>, BB calls $7.55.

<font color="blue">His turn bet is suspicious. Its not quite half the pot. I'd like to take it down here, but a push is only getting called by better hands. But nothing's changed in the hand. If I think my hand is best, I can't let him price himself in. </font>

River: ($26.70) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $26.70

Thoughts on this line? Stack off or slow down? Thanks.