Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: All-In Check Down Etiquette ???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
darynisrite, your smallish bet shows them you have a hand , them calling is retarded, if you flip over something like 9 high then maybe thats a little dickish but only slightly

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I'd say a pure bluff into a dry sidepot would be very dickish. If you can't win, a bluff like that is a lot like chip dumping--you're protecting the all-in shortstack with no possible gain for yourself. Seriously dickish.

My own rule in such situations is to use betting to indicate to my fellow players if I have anything. If I flop two pair or better, I'm betting it. I'm telling 'em I have something I'm pretty sure is good, and I can no longer just check it down and wait to be drawn out on by one of the others still active. Nobody's ever expressed unhappiness with me over this. And if someone plays back at me, the game is back on ferreal--I'm now in a battle for a serious pile of chips and may be able to do damage to two opponents instead of one.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES

That's why I Bet 10,000 into a 33,000 Pot....
It was an "I HAVE A HAND THAT CAN KNOCK OUT THE BUBBLE, SO GET OUTTA THE WAY OR GIVE ME YOUR MONEY" bet

But, I must be honest, I do like some of these "keep the bubble in, and/or try to win the side pot" arguments.... true food for thought.
and here I was just worried about being a Dick.
(Maybe the most Dickish thing, is to worry about being Dickish")