Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Flopped low straight deepstacked 5/10

Ok, so this hand really had me confused on the flop, tell me what you guys think. Live Saturday night at the Borgata 5/10. I'm sitting with about $4500 and so is villain, only two big stacks at the table. My table image is pretty damn laggy, I was playing like a bit of a moron most of the night. Villian is a good tight aggressive player and not above making moves. Table is playing crazy as hell with a couple nutso Asians.

I'm in CO with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] two limpers before me, I limp, button limps, SB (villian) limps, BB checks.

Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG makes it 25, UTG+1 makes it 100, I make it 350, button folds, SB makes it 1500 after thinking for about a millisecond, pretty damn big bet, even for this game, especially considering most people are sitting with about 2000, except me of course.

Even though I have a laggy image I've recently shown down some monsters and played them fast every time, just like I was now.

UTG and UTG+1 fold, UTG+1 makes it clear he's got the nut diamond draw by how pissed off he is that he's folding. I am about to throw up because I have no idea what the hell to do, and I know I'm not gonna get a read on this guy. But what I do know is that if I smooth call he's pushing the turn no matter what comes because there'll be $3000 in the pot and he's just made a $1500 bet, and we've both got about 2500 left.

What do you guys put him on here? I figured he was either protecting his set of 8s, or figuring his top two pair are good even though there are three bets in front of him, it's the kind of game where top two would be good in the situation, but then he probably put me on a set. could be a diamond draw but it seems unecessary to do when he know if he calls he probably gets two callers behind him, but maybe he knows he won't be able to afford a river card. A very real possibility to me is the same hand as me, but maybe in diamonds for the redraw. I know if he has Q9 it's not diamonds because he'd definitely just call. Thoughts??? Do I push or fold?