Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2007, 10:30 AM

Default A Few Things I Noticed Playing NL$25

The last couple of weeks I have been playing a lot of NL$25 on my laptop and have a few observations. I usually play NL$100 and I will say that the two games do play differently.

If anyone has specific questions, I'll do my best to answer them. Anyway, here's what I got (all situations assume you have no reads):

1) Pre-flop 3-bet is JJ+ or AK+ almost always. I only remember one or two exceptions to this.
2) When a draw hits and a two-street caller leads for a 1/2 pot or less, he hit it.
3) A min-bet lead is almost always a draw. If the pot is 3-way or HU, raise it up with any two cards. If he calls then he has a monster (low % of the time) and you can shut down.
4) I never got bluff raised on the river (This rarely happens at NL$100)
5) Turn check raises mean uber, uber strength. I can't remember seeing anyone do this with a draw, though I suspect it has to happen occasionally.
6) Most players do not understand how to properly size their bets/raises. Take advantage of slim draws when villain offers you juicy odds (8-1 on a gut shot is probably worth it because these guys pay off when you hit) . When you hit they will think you suck and give you even more action.
7) In a limped pot, proceed cautiously with TP and non-top two, 2-pair hands.
8) C-betting without at least a strong draw into multi-way pots is -EV. C-betting is highly +EV in HU pots.
9) Play your monsters quickly. Holding JT on a TT5 board? Just bet, there is always someone at the table who will call down with any piece of the board.
10) When villain check calls two streets and checks a blank river, he is folding a very high % of the time to any bet. If you have any piece of the board check behind because a worse hand is not calling and if you have air, bet half pot to get that A-high draw to fold.

Word of warning: This is from a maybe 5k sample of hands, so buyer beware