Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Question regarding moving up in stakes...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Please dont' encourage him to play more passive than he already is. And it's a mistake to limp KQs in almost any game

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably true, and I think a leak in my game. I also tend on the weak-tight side, at least preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Need some coaching? *brings out a whip* GO READ ED MILLER'S Small Stakes *whips* lol

What I did for my mother (lol of all people she plays) is write a sheet of what to play in what position.

Ray... If you think you got leaks preflop, you got leaks you don't even KNOW about postflop that are most likely major.

What I have written on my mother's sheet for preflop is "EITHER RAISE OR FOLD UNLESS LATE POSITION WITH MORE THAN 3 LIMPERS THEN CALL WHAT YOU WOULD'VE RAISED OTHERWISE"

That's all there is to preflop game. Calling in early or middle position is a basic mistake that should never occur since it's incredibly easy to fix. Now things like counting hidden outs and implied odds and learning to bluff in the right spots... takes a while [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm done hi-jacking this thread, I hope. Oh and yeah coaching might be a good idea for you not that I am the expert but can give you some advice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]