Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: $40-80 Badugi Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Ok TT and 2461badugi you have both said, donk/call the river is an ok line. This bothers me because from a theory point of view it simply has to be worse than reraising the turn or checkraising the river. You guys think he is going to take a free showdown and want to prevent it? That's the only reason I can see to take a donk/call line over a check/raise/fold or reraise turn line.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off we're never ever krf-ing against a player when we don't know whether he knows what a good hand is or not. I wouldn't mind krc here, and it might be a better line than bc if we're totally sure he won't take the free showdown. I haven't played Badugi live, but every other live game I've been in bad players take free showdowns with the bizarrest hands.

Calling the threebet on third is just a reverse freeze. Since he's never ever breaking or folding a better hand than ours, why give him the chance to do it with a worse one when you can get the same bets in on the end? Sure, he probably won't do it, but he will sometimes, and it's free to prevent.