Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: CPA on when Neteller $ returned

Based on what I have read and seen there has been NO IRS summons. The amount in question here is nothing approaching the "billions" referenced in the Credit Card case you cited to. The IRS cannot simply take money without court action/intervention-- much less do it to a whole class of people, such as everyone who has money in neteller-- which certainly would include people who do not owe taxes. And there is no evidence that the DOJ has requested personal information and VERY suspect information that the DOJ seized, or froze any of Neteller's money as part of their case against 2 individuals (not the company).

That said, I think it is very reasonable to assume that a few large dollar tax cheats may be prosecuted stemming from this, AND it would not surprise me if the DOJ requested such information from Neteller (which I think is not material to their case) that they would turn it over to the IRS who would, in turn send out some letter audits.

I think most will admit that these things would not be terribly surprising, and I have thought that from the beginning. But that is a far cry from suggesting that it is probable that the IRS will be holding the money in mass without any due process-- which is what I think everyone is reacting to.