Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Switching from Online to B&M...When should I stop and reavaluate?

I've been playing online at Poker stars for about 5 years now. Started with 100 bucks and went broke then put in another and managed to work that up to $4,200. I'm not a 40-80+ hour a week player. I'm much more casual but love studying and learning that game.

For years I've heard how soft B&M card rooms are. Well I recently moved and have several close to me. After watching the games I almost had to pinch myself when I saw how bad the players are. I'm no expert, but I found it quite easy to spot the fish vs. the better players.

So I sit down and here are my sessions so far.

1. 4 hours for -$3
2. 5 hours for $125
3. 12 hours for $60
4. 7 hours for $200
5. 4 hours for -$200
6. 8 hours for -$200

-$117/40 hours

BB/hr = -.36

Now the last 12 hours is the part I'm obviously concerned about. One thing I will say is in that 12 hours I flopped no FH, Flushes, Str8, or even 2 pair. I made 1 flush on the river and 1 full house after flopping my only set in that 12-hour period of time. Very cold card and cold deck.

I consider myself very good at bankroll management. I bring $200 and got up both times I got stuck. My question is: Is this run of cards seem normal for a B&M and when should I stop and make sure It's not me. So far I am very happy with my play. Being a $4/$8 game you almost always see the river and if you made the right play. I would say I'm well into the plus side of correct dicisions, I just can't get the fishys money.

Any moral support/personal experience/advise appreciated.