Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do Pokerstars Flops Scare the shit out of you?
Yes, RIGGED 14 33.33%
No, OP is a donk 28 66.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: The Phil Gordon-Erick Lindgren Incident on PAD

[ QUOTE ]
I was so surpised mainly by the way Daniel Negreanu was acting to comments Phil made on Erick in a mag, Daniel was being a total douchebag. He was acting like Phil was some noname [censored] who has had no success at all at poker and doesnt know anything. DN was being a [censored] for sure, and he used to be one fo my fav players, respect def went down after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no doubt this runs deeper than anything that we saw specifically. it looked to me like (nearly all speculation based on the facts before us):
<ul type="square">[*]gordon had been encouraged by the producers to be chatty (the way jamie gold was onscreen by shana) [*]lindgren and ivey were tired of PG's routine before it even started [*]lindgren made an effort to embarass PG on tv[*]this incident is connected to PG's column (whether it was published before or after)[*]most of the above is a result of long-standing grudges between PG and the FTP pros (b/c someone doesn't like someone, for whatever reason)[/list]
that's what it looks like to me, anyhow. i've seen lindgren on tv as much as anyone (except maybe DN), and never seen him act that way before. how could this incident be an isolated incident without any sort of back-story?