Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Daniel\'s book - Sold Out

This thread should be stickied in the Publishing forum, we have the top poker 'name' (I dont intend that as a putdown for Daniel in one bit) and the top poker publisher discussing subjects in great deal- in addition we have some of the best comments in NVG from 'normal' 2+2ers of the [ast year or so.
On SS2 I think im with Mason, I ordered the book for the O8 section and was impressed- Id like to know what Mason had to do with it! (afer the thinly veiled brag) although I must confss I didnt read Daniels section becuae I had no interest in learning the game (which is possibly why its so 'underrated')
Quite frankly I feel celerity endorsements will be far less vital in the next few years- with comprehensive and accurate reviews from the pubic avalable online for anyone to see, even the WPT fan is unlikely to buy a book that sucks; even if its endorsed by the curent superstar.
2+2 seems to be going down an interesting road- in the next couple of months they are releasing books written by Stox and RayZee (or at least co written) both these guys have clout and huge hgue respect within the community but are probably unheard of outside the 2+2 'scene'. I presume they are paying these guys large % of cash not because they are a big name buy because they know there books will be stunning; but will they sell as much as Chans limit book?